Communications Assistant (Summer Student)
Roles & Responsibilities:
The main responsibility of the Communications Assistant is to collaborate with The ARTS Project’s staff team in the planning and marketing of upcoming exhibitions and theatre productions.
- Connecting with artists in the London community and let them know about opportunities to showcase their work in our space.
- Prepare communication materials for upcoming exhibitions, theatre productions and events to help accelerate the planning of our own programming and grow our audience. Materials could include e-newsletters, print materials, website listings, social media posts, etc.
- Assist the Communications Specialist in creating and distributing content to promote upcoming artists and theatre groups who are renting our space, as well as to increase awareness of our services and the importance of The ARTS Project to London’s artistic community.
- Handle general inquiries and daily traffic to maintain a positive, welcoming atmosphere for our patrons and users of the space.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program for Business, English, Arts or Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Visual Art, Theatre or another related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Proficiency in WordPress and/or Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) is an asset
- Social media savvy
- Strong time management skills
- A good awareness of London’s arts and culture scene
Student must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment, and registered as a full-time student (preferably at a post-secondary school) in the 2016/2017 academic year. The student must demonstrate he or she is returning to school for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Please note: This role is for 7 weeks, 30 hours per week, at $11.40 per hour. Start date is June 13, 2017.
Email resume and cover letter to Emma Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on May 26, 2017. Please write “Communications Assistant Application” in the Subject Line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The ARTS Project
We are London’s multi-arts space, sparking creativity while supporting emerging visual and performance artists. Located at the very core of downtown London, The ARTS Project is home to a gallery and studio space as well as a black-box theatre. The Communications Assistant position is an opportunity for a student to gain hands-on experience in promoting events and programming in London’s thriving arts community.