** Applications are now open for 2018 April-start residency! **
The Emerging Artists Studio Program is for artists who are ready to take the leap from art as an academic pursuit to working and living as a professional artist.
Conveniently located in the heart of London’s downtown, this program is designed to help emerging artists gain the mentorship of the ARTS Project’s mid-career resident artists as well as provide increased opportunity for exposure to gallerists and art enthusiasts.
As London’s centre of creativity, The ARTS Project has worked diligently to create the space, network, and resources to help emerging artists grow, and plant roots right here in downtown London.
This program will allow London’s emerging creators to challenge the status quo, without the fear of financial failure, in an environment where their ideas are tested, where they will be exposed to artists of many mediums, and where they will be mentored and promoted by The ARTS Project.
With one year of fully funded studio space, our emerging artists will have the time to consider their long-term personal goals, financial model, and to experiment in the art forms they are passionate about.
This program is generously supported by our donors and the RBC Foundation.
What does this program include?
The Emerging Artists Studio Program is a one-year funded residency that includes:
- 1 year of 24/7 access to a private, spacious Artist Studio
- 1 exhibition in The ARTS Project’s Gallery, with an Opening Reception
- A materials budget
- Mentorship by The ARTS Project’s Executive Director, Resident Artists, and Community Partners
- Marketing and promotional support by The ARTS Project staff
Who can apply?
Artists recently graduated from any London and area Visual Art program or London-based artists who have graduated from another Canadian institution (within the past 2 years) are encouraged to apply. Graduates must be between the ages 18-35 to apply.
Not a recent graduate, but are interested in a residency at The ARTS Project? Learn more about our Studio Residencies.
Artists that are interested in the residency program should fill out the Application Form. Be sure to attach the required documents.
- Part 1: Download and complete the Emerging Artist Application Form.
- Part 2: Email the following documents and attachments to Sandra De Salvo, Executive Director at email@example.com no later than Wednesday February 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Criteria for consideration include:
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Need for a professional studio space (artistically and financially). Maximum 1 page.
- Letter of Recommendation from an academic instructor. If preferred, the Instructor can send the letter themselves directly to Sandra De Salvo via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Portfolio of current work (8-12 images). Your image list needs to include title, medium, dimension, year. Images should be JPG format.
- Proposal of work that outlines what you hope to achieve during your 1-year residency. Maximum 2 pages.
Applications are juried by a panel consisting of members from The ARTS Project’s Board of Directors and Community Partners. Please note that candidates may be contacted for an interview during the selection process.
To learn more about our current resident artists, please click here.
Thank you to the RBC Foundation and donors who funded this program at The ARTS Project. Your support provides our emerging artists with the resources, mentorship and community that make their residencies possible and fulfilling.