Applications are now closed for 2017 June-start residency. Please check back soon for future residencies.
The Emerging Artists Studio Program is for artists who are ready to take the leap from art as an academic pursuit to working and living as a professional artist.
Conveniently located in the heart of London’s downtown, this program is designed to help emerging artists gain the mentorship of the ARTS Project’s mid-career resident artists as well as provide increased opportunity for exposure to gallerists and art enthusiasts.
As London’s only arts incubator, The ARTS Project has worked diligently to create the space, network, and resources to help emerging artists grow, and plant roots right here in downtown London.
This program will allow London’s emerging creators to challenge the status quo, without the fear of financial failure, in an environment where their ideas are tested, where they will be exposed to artists of many mediums, and where they will be mentored and promoted by The ARTS Project.
With one year of fully funded studio space, our emerging artists will have the time to consider their long-term personal goals, financial model, and to experiment in the art forms they are passionate about.
What does this program include?
The Emerging Artists Studio Program is a one-year funded residency that includes:
- 1 year of 24/7 access to a spacious Artist Studio
- 1 exhibition in The ARTS Project’s Gallery, with an Opening Reception
- A materials budget
- Mentorship by The ARTS Project’s Executive Director, Resident Artists, and Community Partners
- Marketing and promotional support by The ARTS Project staff
Who can apply?
Artists recently graduated from any London and area Visual Art program or London-based artists who have graduated from another Canadian institution (within the past 2 years) are encouraged to apply. Graduates must be between the ages 18-35 to apply.
Applications are now closed for June-start residencies.
Artists that are interested in the residency program should fill out the Application Form. Be sure to attach the required documents.
- Part 1: Download and complete the Emerging Artist Application Form.
- Part 2: Email the following documents and attachments to Sandra De Salvo, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday April 28, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Criteria for consideration include:
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Need for a professional studio space (artistically and financially). Maximum 1 page.
- Letter of Recommendation from an academic instructor.
- Portfolio of current work (8-12 images). Your image list needs to include title, medium, dimension, year. Images should be JPG format.
- Proposal of work that outlines what you hope to achieve during your 1-year residency. Maximum 2 pages.
Applications are juried by a panel consisting of members from The ARTS Project’s Board of Directors and Community Partners. Please note that candidates may be contacted for an interview during the selection process.
To learn more about our current resident artists, please click here.
Thank you to the generous donors who made this program possible at The ARTS Project’s Artrageous fundraiser in 2015 & 2016. We could not have done this without your support!