Call for Submissions
CRAFTED: Unique Wares and Originals
CRAFTED is coming back bigger and better than ever! This annual exhibition returns for its 4th year at The ARTS Project and is a unique opportunity to have your handcrafted works featured for sale in our vibrant gallery. We’re looking for a stellar lineup of artisans that reflect a wide range of mediums including textiles, fibre arts, metal work, painting, printmaking and much more.
This year’s CRAFTED takes place from November 14-December 21, 2017 amidst Downtown London’s holiday festivities. This event includes an Opening Reception on November 14th, 2017, attracting a diverse crowd that is interested in shopping all things local and handmade.
There is no fee to apply. Participating artists will receive 75% of any art sales, with a 25% commission taken by The ARTS Project. All sales will be paid out within 4 weeks of the conclusion of the event.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 5:00pm
Crafted Application guidelines
- All handcrafted items must be priced at $300 or less. Artists who are required to remit HST for tax purposes must have the HST already included in the list price of $300 or less.
- Paintings, drawings and framed works must be gallery ready, equipped with a wire on the back or D-ring hooks.
- All works require packaging for customer transport (e.g. boxes for sculptures, sleeves for cards or ornaments, gift bags for fabric or fibre works, etc.).
Application Package Requirements
- Artists may submit up to 10 photos of work(s)
- A current artist CV and biography (250 words or less)
- Title, medium, size and price for each item submitted
- Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 5:00pm
- All applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the time of confirmation, the artist must be able to provide a final inventory of works including prices in digital format (e.g. MS Word, PDF).
- Works must be delivered to The ARTS Project (203 Dundas St., London, ON) on November 8 – 11th between 12 – 5:00 p.m., organized and clearly labeled with price.
- All works will be taken by the buyer at the time of purchase, additional works may be provided to re-stock each artists’ personal inventory.